Featured Little Irridescent Pottery Vase, Is it Possibly Loius Comfort Tiffany?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brywil1970, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Brywil1970

Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

Ok this piece is ten times prettier in person. It is only 5" tall and I have never seen anything like it in person. The bottom is made where finding a signature would be impossible. So what do you think?

TIA, Bryan

IMG_0217 (600x800).jpg

IMG_0218 (600x800).jpg

IMG_0219 (681x800).jpg IMG_0219 (681x800).jpg

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Oooo, me likee! I dont think tiffany,I would think their bottoms would be more finished.That glaze is fascinating,it *looks* like glass over pottery. I do think its art nouveau,possibly 1900? Gorgeous piece.

Born2it and lauragarnet like this.
  3. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

What a beauty!

I don't know, but wanted to put this bug in your ear if you are coming up blank with the LCT idea......
    Zsolnay and Weller Sicard are two other iridescent art pottery names you might look into.

4. Brywil1970

Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

Thanks it is Weller Sicard

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

The form and pattern looks like Sicard but I have not seen a bottom like that on Sicard before. Jacques Sicard came from France where he worked for Clement Massier and made similar pieces there. You might see if the bottom matches Massier pieces.

Edit: I just took a few minutes to look at some Massier vases. The bottom does not match them either. It is probably Weller Sicard. The small size might have something to do with the way the bottom appears. Also, when first introduced, the line was very experimental so you could have an earlier piece from before they got the production bugs worked out.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Figtree3, lauragarnet and *crs* like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted