Featured Little Town on the Prairie book

Discussion in 'Books' started by Wenniget, Jul 6, 2021.

?

How much might this be worth in Canadian funds

1. I'm interested in this book

100.0%
  2. This is a great find.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wenniget

Wenniget New Member

Little Town on the Prairie (1941).jpg Little Town on the Prairie info.jpg Little town on the prairie insert.jpg I have this book that I acquired back in the 1960's sometime. It is published in 1941. While it is not a first edition, it indicates that it is a "special edition" - not sure what that means. I have kept it all these years as I was a Little House on the Prairie fan from my adolescent years but am now scaling down tremendously to live in an apartment and must let my treasures go. Just wondering what it is worth - Canadian funds.

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

According to the internet, E.M. Hale and Company published books for the Book League of America, a mail order book club. It would have been an inexpensive reprint of Wilder's book, which was originally published in 1941 by Harpers & Brothers. Because of this, the value is sentimental. Perhaps you know a young girl who would enjoy it as much as you did?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_League_of_America

Debora

3. Wenniget

Wenniget New Member

Thank you. I have the complete set of Little House on the Prairie DVD's - never opened. Thought I would have time someday to watch them all, but sadly not. I am going to sell them and I will include the books I have also, including that one. Might have to read again first tho.......:)

pearlsnblume, Born2it and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Oh, of course. They would have to be reread before leaving the house. Vigorous quality control -- an admirable trait.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted