Long handwoven tapestry

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by billyd3us, Feb 13, 2019.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

This is a long handwoven tapestry something, rug, runner or what ? Not sure if made with cotton, wool, mohair or something else. I am posting a few tapestry pieces asap to find out more, darn bills got me down, arrrrg ! 008.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 017.JPG

Measures approx 33" x 87"

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Not a tapestry, Billy. Appears to be a woven wool shawl.

Debora

Jivvy, Bakersgma and yourturntoloveit like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

brushed on one side to raise the fabric...

4. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

I think it’s to thick and heavy to be a shawl

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

woman's throw scarf...

6. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Billyd, just curious but, have you weighed the shawl? Can you "guess-timate" the weight? Do you have a "person" weight scale? If yes, hop on the scale yourself and see what you weigh, then weigh yourself again with the shawl in your arms or wrapped around yourself. ;)

Inquiring minds want to know what that large/long scarf/shawl weighs. ;)

7. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I'd think it's a shawl, too. I'm wondering if the pulled in end is because it's made from different types of yarn and was washed in hot water causing the pulled in part to shrink?

Any Jewelry and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted