Featured Looking for confirmation on a piece of Van Briggle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by desperate_fun, Dec 28, 2015.

1. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

My wife picked this up on a recent trip and surprised me with it for Christmas. Totally caught me off guard as I really don't collect much stuff. I am really liking this piece though.

I'm just looking for confirmation on what I have. I'm fairly certain it is 1922-1926, Mulberry, Yucca Leaf, and shape #747

The blue is a lot more subdued than what the picture shows. It really popped when light hits it.

VB1.jpg

VB2.jpg

Thanks in advance for any additional info or ID correction :)

Pat P, cxgirl, pearlsnblume and 5 others like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Very nice! :)

3. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

KingofThings likes this.
  4. desperate_fun

I saw that page (as well as a few others) That is how I was able to hobble together the info I have. It is always nice to get a solid confirmation though.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

The thing that confuses me (not hard to do) is they often/usually had the finishers marks as well, and I don't see that here.
    I do not think this is a repro though!

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Nice piece and correct ID. The block letters with the USA mark are definitive. Most pieces from this era do not have any extra marks. They are usually found on the very early pots and those produced much later.

desperate_fun likes this.
  7. desperate_fun

Brad,

Thank you for the confirmation. It is really appreciated. I had guessed the color was Mulberry before I did any online searching. I guess I am learning a thing or two hanging around here.

8. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It's so pretty!!! :)

desperate_fun likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted