Looking for help how to get value

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Floopysmom, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Floopysmom

Floopysmom New Member

Hi All:
    I would appreciate any help. I have looked on line was unable to find pricing on replacement.com because they currently do not have this pattern available. I found the pattern on Etsy but only for one cup and saucer for $51.47. Also looked on EBay found nothing. I have a service for 10. Dinner plates, bread plates, salad bowls, small bowls, cups & saucers. No chips. How do I figure out a price? I would rather sell as a set, verses posting individual pieces, although I'm sure its more profitable that way. Do antique stores buy old china or am I better off posting on a site? The china is made by Paragon Pattern code Z1293 and I'm told the name is Buckingham, Gold Leaf Design. Any help anyone can provide on value or where I can sell would be greatly appriciated! china all pieces.jpg china one dish.jpg china stamp.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome, I can not help ID your set, but I wanted to say ... unfortunately, you will find sets of china do not have a lot of value any more. The problem is people, especially young people, do not want or need a set of “good china”. If they can’t put them in the dishwasher and microwave they don’t want to deal with them.

I wish you luck but I just wanted to let you know you may be fighting an uphill battle :sorry:

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Doesnt Replacements buy china ? Marie is unfortunately correct,fine china is pretty much dead in the water. I picked up a stunning set of Spode for $20 a few months ago . I told myself not to,but it was Spode ! :) You could try Craigslist,or one of the online sellers,but unless its local shipping will kill you dead .A shame really,your set is truly lovely.

judy, i need help, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

A very lovely set.
    Marie is correct, most young people do not want to set a table, and then have to hand wash.

Do you have any grandchildren, nieces or nephews. You should ask them first. Just maybe someone in the family will be interested.

Otherwise, Facebook often has a Marketplace geared toward cities or areas. If you are on Facebook check there.
    Best time to sell is now. Easter and Mother's Day coming up.
    Otherwise wait until October for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Pricing to sell.
    $10 each per dinner plate, C&S and rim soup.
    $7 each per salad, and berry bowl

Add it all up and cut it in half. You'll be lucky if you can sell it.

Sorry for the bad news.
    However, welcome to the board.

5. clutteredcloset49

@johnnycb09
    I heard that Replacements pays very little for dishes unless you are one of their regular pickers. That was a long time ago though. Don't know if things have changed.

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I sold to them a few times but that was easily a decade ago . Thats too bad,they were pretty cool to deal with .

judy and i need help like this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

Well maybe it would be worth @Floopysmom 's while to investigate selling to them.
    Doesn't hurt to ask.

judy likes this.
  8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I also heard they don't pay much, plus you have to factor in shipping unless you leave near them :(

judy and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  9. Ladybub

Ladybub Member

Replacments will respond if you contact them. They will pay less than half of what they will sell it for. So whatever they offer you, if anything, will give you a baseline for an asking price if you want to go it alone. Your Paragon set is from the fifties (maybe sixties - hard to read the photo); you might have luck offering it to tea houses or wedding/party planners, but whole sets are difficult to sell. You could piece it out on Etsy. Paragon is popular for teacup collectors and they will likely command a higher price than the rest of the pieces. If you have a teapot, they will sell for a fair price.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    judy likes this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

at the bottom left of each post , the time or date of the post is recorded....

by clicking on a members avatar u can see when they were last on the site..

FLOOPY, posted this a year ago........it was her only post ........and she's not been back since August !!!

So, basically ...you're talking to a member who's no longer here or listening or actively seeking your advice !!

Just saying.....u may wish to converse with folks who are actually here.! ;)

judy likes this.
  11. Ladybub

Ladybub Member

Perhaps it would be more prudent to remove posts that are no longer viable. Or perhaps some other person may get information from posters not paying attention to the clues of posing. You are here after all reading.
    I seem to be taking up a lot of your time lately. It might be best of I just read and not offer my opinions in the future. Just saying.

12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm trying to educate you in the ways of our site....
    things you may not yet know or have figured out to help guide you into being a more knowledgeable and happy part of this community .........

If you learn from my help .........that's a good thing...

Any posts to an older thread that provide new or updated information is always welcomed.....

but...

If u insist on talking to members who are no longer here....... you should be aware that they are no longer listening............

Please continue to offer up any and all opinions you see fit to post ........& I will not bother you further...........in any manner whatsoever !

BoudiccaJones likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted