Featured Looking for identification please.

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Linny, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Linny

Linny Member

Polish_20210603_011954868.jpg Not sure what this is and seemed to be going nowhere as far as identification. I hope I put it in the right Forum because I'm not sure what it is so don't know where to put it. TIA. It is 6.5" long x 4" in height. Pens are to large for the holes. Polish_20210603_011954868.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  2. Roshan Ko

Roshan Ko Well-Known Member

loose Tissue paper holder?

judy likes this.
  3. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Carrot holder? :bored: Pics of the bottom would help, dimensions, any moving parts, any markings? I can't wait to find out myself!

judy likes this.
  4. Barbara W. Preston

Barbara W. Preston Active Member

Could this be an oriental calligraphy brush holder. The brush end resting in the big hole with the other end of the brush under the rectangular area so that the brushes can dry if just cleaned or so that the colors of the ink or paints will not get on one another while using the brushes. The item looks like it is nice and compact for use in a culture where people lived in small areas and kept items to a minimum. Just guessing!

judy likes this.
  5. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

stainless-steel-napkin-holder-3.jpg
    Napkin holder ?

judy and Bakersgma like this.
  6. Roshan Ko

Roshan Ko Well-Known Member

judy and Firemandk like this.
  7. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

My wife who is from the Philippines calls them tissues too..... six of one, half a dozen of another ;)

judy likes this.
  8. Linny

Linny Member

Thanks everyone who replied because I really do appreciate it. If you notice by the pictures that I added point in the front of it is connected and not separate because I had the same thoughts as far as holding paper or something along those lines but it doesn't pan out I wouldn't think without a break in the metal at that end point. The paper would have to be slit in through the side which is not impossible but just not very feasible. The holes are not quite large enough to put a standard pencil into. And I believe it was 6in long by 4 1/2" in height. It's still a Puzzler to me I've never seen anything quite like it before this one.

9. Linny

Linny Member

10. Malinkamom

Malinkamom New Member

Would the holes be the right size to work as a home made loading block for 22 bullets? The board would be vertical, the square bar would go under the edge of a specific work top or something, and the arm would be over the other side of the worktop to hold it in place.

11. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Your brush holder idea makes a lot of sense. The carved well in the wood underneath the holes could hold the ends of the artists or calligraphy brushes and or catch drips. Maybe the "goal post" shaped component was a brush rest.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted