Featured Looking for info on a chandelier

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by vand4221, Apr 8, 2021.

1. vand4221

vand4221 Member

You're absolutely right. The the fitter cups are not original. The lady who looked at it at the lighting place said the same thing. She didn't mention the shades but I agree that it maybe had glass shades (round shades?).

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

what did she offer you....???...$$$

3. vand4221

vand4221 Member

She said she would pay me $1,000 right there. :woot: But I just picked it up yesterday and I love it!

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

well, at least you know there's good value there , for when your tastes change ....
    :happy::happy::happy:

sabre123 likes this.
  5. vand4221

vand4221 Member

Totally. Also fun to know that it was a good buy.

komokwa likes this.
  6. vand4221

vand4221 Member

Ooo! Found this on Pinterest [​IMG] . The original link is gone but this is the same fixture (in Germany?) and you can see the shades.

7. vand4221

vand4221 Member

8. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

9. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

The glass shades in the photo in the link appear to be new(ish) as well. I just bought 3 like them for an overhead fan.

sabre123 likes this.
  10. vand4221

vand4221 Member

Ah, shoot. I was hoping for a clue on the shades. Well, at least we know that it should have shades.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Could be original. There were period glass marbled shades like this....... primarily from Czechoslovakia. Like on these period sconces.
    [​IMG]
    ...or even real alabaster shades.
    [​IMG]

vand4221 likes this.
  12. vand4221

vand4221 Member

Oh, interesting! I’m going to dig a little into Czech art and imagery. It seemed that the consensus was the imagery was Spanish but maybe it’s Czech along with the glass?

13. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Czech glass was used by lamp makers all over the world. The example found on Pinterest was from the Netherlands. Would not be surprised to find this to be Dutch (or thereabouts) in origin.

14. vand4221

vand4221 Member

That’s another great tip! I’ve been looking for imagery of old-style hats from various countries to see if I can place the faces around the ball-portion. Anyway, this is all just for fun. I’m intrigued by the mystery.

Draft saved Draft deleted