Featured Looking for info on Glass Pitcher and Tumblers

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Oct 2, 2022.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

IMG_20220928_120749542.jpg IMG_20220928_120802447.jpg IMG_20220928_120847072.jpg Hello Board Friends - I have been helping a friend at his auction house. I help his staff identify the glass, pottery, and china they have and advise on lot groupings. This pitcher and tumbler set are coming up this week. There are four tumblers although only one is pictured. I forgot to measure but I think the tumblers are about 3 1/2" tall and the pitcher is double that. I think the pieces are poured into a mold but the bottoms are unusual in that they have a light bumpy texture. The shape of the set reminds me of a depression glass juice set although I would guess these are much later. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Sidebar....
    I help his staff identify the glass, pottery, and china

" " I just helped my pals auction house identify their NWC Baskets...! " :hungry::)

We should team up and start a business !!!:playful::playful::playful:

ulilwitch and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I think we'd make a great team!!

ulilwitch, pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'll get right on the business cards !!!:playful:

ulilwitch, pearlsnblume and dgbjwc like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That's Dalian, China. Usually called Snowflake Glass, 1970s. Most often vases.

6. Lizzie

Lizzie All you need is love ...and a dog.

I'd just call it stunning! There's not one inch of room in my house for more glass and I would still buy it in a heartbeat.

bercrystal likes this.
  7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

8. Ownedbybear

Mark knows his stuff. He covets a couple of my pieces. ;)

bercrystal, dgbjwc and TallCakes like this.
  9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Wow - thank you TallCakes! I wish Mr. Hill had shown a photo of the bottom as I think that is just as distinctive as the layers and the colors. I may contact him to see if he would like pictures of this set. I will request that the title of the pitcher and glasses be listed as Chinese Snowflake pitcher and tumbler set. Regardless, I will get measurements and a picture of the entire set before the set is sold. I will bid on it myself. Wish me luck!

bercrystal likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

I can get photos of the bottom of mine if it helps. ;)

dgbjwc and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted