Looking for info on vintage mirror

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by MTswirls, Oct 13, 2019.

1. MTswirls

MTswirls Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

This mirror belonged to my grandmother, and I would love to know more about it. I know it is at least from the 1970s based off of family pictures I've seen it in. If anyone has any info on the style or possible time frame it was produced during that would be great. Also, it is missing some of the decorative caps that cover the screws. I'd like to replace them, but I don't know if that is a part I could find online? Thanks in advance for the help!

IMG_9425.jpeg IMG_9428.jpeg IMG_9429.jpeg IMG_9430.jpeg IMG_9431.jpeg IMG_9432.jpeg IMG_9433.jpeg IMG_9434.jpeg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It looks in rough shape. I want to say it is "Federal" period.

MTswirls likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'd say copy of........it's not lookin that old........imo

PortableTreasures and MTswirls like this.
  4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Thanks, I can't see it very well. It's on an angle too.

MTswirls likes this.
  5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

lovely. from an Italian palazzo perhaps. or the entrance of a hotel.

MTswirls likes this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Those plastic (sometimes glass) rosettes are ubiquitous to the 50s and 60s so think it dates to then. Italy is a very likely source. I found similar rosettes on ebay in the past. You may need to replace all of them with something similar to get them to match.

Figtree3, MTswirls and Jeff Drum like this.
  7. MTswirls

Thank you for the info. Is there another term for rosettes? Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything for sale under rosettes. I would like to replace them.

8. MTswirls

Thank you! :happy: I wish I knew exactly where it was from. My grandmother did travel overseas so she could have bought it back from a trip, but it's probably more likely she bought it locally here in the states. It needs some TLC, but I just love the style of it. I plan to repaint it since a lot of the paint has chipped off.

9. MTswirls

Yes, the mirror does have a similar look to some other mirrors from the federal period so it could at least be inspired by that style. The glass of the mirror is in great condition, so once I repaint it and replace the screw caps it will look much better.

10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. MTswirls

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted