Looking for information on champagne? (it's kinda small) bucket with swan head handles?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Oct 25, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this today at a local thrift store. It doesn't have any markings except EPNS (I think that's electro plate nickel silver) on the bottom - I know photo of bottom is blurry; I'm sorry!
    It seems a bit small to be a champagne bucket (the bucket is only 8.5"T x 7"W - with handles 13"W), could it be a wine bottle ice bucket?
    Also the white around the swans in the 1st photo is the edge of the swans which are silver metal? and not gold like the front - I didn't even notice it until I saw the photo; maybe it's from flash?
    Any info or thoughts on it/it's age, etc.. would be greatly appreciated!

COLLECTIBLE CHAMPAGNE BUCKET WITH SWAN HANDLES 1AA.JPG
    COLLECTIBLE CHAMPAGNE BUCKET WITH SWAN HANDLES 2AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CHAMPAGNE BUCKET WITH SWAN HANDLES 3AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CHAMPAGNE BUCKET WITH SWAN HANDLES 7AA.JPG

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The white around the swan heads is probably polish residue.

3. journeymagazine

So using a toothbrush on it won't hurt it, right?

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Soak it in warm water first and make sure to use a very, very soft toothbrush.

Bakersgma likes this.
  5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I love how sellers throw descriptions around. "Art Deco." "French Regency." "Mid Century." All for the same one object. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd think 1970s. The backgammon era. But could be wrong.

Debora

bercrystal likes this.
  7. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

They could have at least put question marks after the terms like the typical eBayer that doesn't know a thing about what they're selling!

Debora likes this.
  8. journeymagazine

9. journeymagazine

Sorry - I scrolled the rest of the way down!

Draft saved Draft deleted