Looking for information

Discussion in 'Art' started by MattP, Dec 19, 2021.

1. MattP

MattP New Member

Hi,

While sorting out my Grandad's house I came across a some art. He bought this from a dealer (now unfortunately deceased) in York UK around 40 years ago who visited Rotterdam to buy art. Any idea of who this might be from? much appreciated.

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome, Matt. I am sorry about your Grandad.
    The painting is by a decorative painter named de Kooning. Unfortunately not the De Kooning.

3. MattP

MattP New Member

Thank you for this, very confusing with both being De Kooning. Is there any information out there about this other de kooning?

judy likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

I wouldn't expect so, decorative painters are rarely documented. De Kooning may not even have been his real name, it could have been painted by someone in Asia.

judy and MattP like this.
  5. MattP

MattP New Member

Thank you for all the help. Most appreciated.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

You're welcome Matt.
    If you use the search term 'factory painter' in the search bar at the top of the page, you will find more information on how and where similar paintings are made.

judy and MattP like this.
  7. MattP

MattP New Member

Perfect, he has a few paintings of similar quality and style so I can check them against this in the future.

judy likes this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

This is just an enlargement of the painting...no enhancements or anything...it took me a little bit to figure out that's what it said @Any Jewelry, but it does!! Too bad not the authentic guy!! I really like the painting!

NEWW SIGNAT-standard-scale-3_00x-gigapixel.jpg

judy likes this.
  9. MattP

MattP New Member

The paintings are beautiful, don't know what to do with them!!

Draft saved Draft deleted