Looking for maker on fish brooches

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Kristy, May 31, 2016.

1. Kristy

Kristy Member

I'm asking for someone in a group. I've never seen these before. Stamped sterling, there are different stones in each one. Can anyone tell me something about them please? Thank you. FB_IMG_1464697021912.jpg

judy and jackolin like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

a clear photo of the back would be of great help to our members in trying to help you out !

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

How cute -- yes, it would help to see the back.

Also, did you intend to post pics of more than one piece? I only see one photo.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Kristy

Kristy Member

FB_IMG_1464707932502.jpg Will work on getting a pic of the back.

lauragarnet and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Kristy

Kristy Member

6. Figtree3

Similar settings, but not identical. And differently shaped stones. Probably all by the same maker. I think they are very cute.

judy, Christmasjoy and lauragarnet like this.
  7. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

9861.jpg
    One person's evaluation...
    "From a local Pennsylvania estate. Here is a fabulous vintage Sterling fish brooch. It appears to be very similar to vintage Reja designs-from the Reja Jewelry Company which operated from 1941 until 1952. They specialized in jewelry pieces, especially figural brooches (animals, fish, birds and insects). This fish brooch has the same curves and design as Reja birds and leaping stag brooches that I have seen. Circa 1940s, vermeil (goldwash) over sterling although most of this has worn over time. Very detailed fins and tail, highlighted with crystal Chaton cut rhinestones. The stunning center stone is a faceted oval aquamarine colored stone (unfoiled which allows light to change the intensity of its color). This brooch measures 2-1/3" long x 2" at its widest point. Signed Sterling. In very good condition; exceptional design and workmanship. A welcome addition to any vintage jewelry collection."
    http://www.broadwaterrosejewels.com/Animal Jewelry Page.htm
    CLICK HERE FOR VIEW "A"
    CLICK HERE FOR VIEW "B"
    CLICK HERE FOR VIEW "C"

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  8. Kristy

Kristy Member

Then there's this. FB_IMG_1464721753573.jpg

judy and lauragarnet like this.
  9. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Looks like we're gonna have to ask the jewelry brainiacs to figure it out! :)

lauragarnet likes this.
  10. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Book reference in the Etsy listing linked below. Maybe one of our boardies has the book.

It was listed on May 25th, 2016 and was snapped up and sold before today, even with the damage/missing rhinestone described.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    VIA: simplysuzie2 Etsy
    1940 Fish Brooch- Sterling Fish- Topaz Fish Brooch- Faceted Glass- Vermeil Pin-Jelly Belly- Book Piece- High Fashion- Vintage Sterling
    "This piece is featured on page 105 of Leigh Leshner's book "Rhinestone Jewelry: Price and Identification Guide."
    Listed on May 25, 2016
    SOLD: $175 USD + Shipping

judy and Figtree3 like this.
  11. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

12. Figtree3

Good to find that reference, lauragarnet... let's hope somebody here has the book so see if there is more info there.

judy and lauragarnet like this.
  13. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Boucher should be marked on the back with the company name and possibly a number. The number would help date the piece.

judy likes this.
  14. snoozin

snoozin New Member

I have one too with little information...only 'Sterling' stamped on tail fin...would love to know if additional information has been uncovered.

judy and komokwa like this.
  15. snoozin

snoozin New Member

16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

folks will see this and if any new info has been discovered...they'll post it..:happy::happy:

but the thread is 18 months old......

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted