Looking to replace part of this piece

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by SaraC1253, Nov 5, 2022.

1. SaraC1253

SaraC1253 New Member

I have this D&C France Teapot that I am looking to replace the lid to. Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Hello @SaraC1253 & welcome to the forum!! :happy::happy:

You can set up some searches for the teapot on eBay & they will email you to let you know someone listed something matching your request. I would suggest you set up a search using the pattern name & others with just a description of the piece because if the pattern is not on the piece most sellers won't bother to look for it.

Someone may list one where the teapot is damaged but the lid is still good & you can have them just mail you the lid.

Do you know the pattern name? I could not find anything on the Replacements website with this pattern.

Maybe if you show the bottom of the teapot that might help.

SaraC1253, KikoBlueEyes and komokwa like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Just made it a bit larger!!

FR TEAPOT-2_00x.jpg

kyratango and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I think it's a hobbyist painted piece so all you really need to do is find a pot in that shape and purchase solely for the lid. Or Replacements.com could have a spare lid for sale. Limoges is actually a region rather than a single manufacturer. The particular Limoges factory that manufactured your piece was Delinieres & Cie.

5. SaraC1253

SaraC1253 New Member

Sorry I have to shrink the pics for them to upload to the site. This is the bottom of the piece. I am not sure what the pattern is. It was given to me by my grandmother and it belonged to her mother. I lost the lid when we recently moved. Thank you for all your suggestions. I am heartbroken that the lid was lost.

Attached Files:

6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Seeing the bottom I am inclined to agree that this piece was painted by a hobbyist.

Many companies such as D&C sold a plain white piece of china. The person would paint it and then get it fired in a kiln. These types of pieces were often signed by the artist but not always.

I would either display it up high so that no one can see the missing lid or use it as a fall decoration by putting a coordinating color of dried flowers etc. arrangement in it because the odds of you finding a lid you could use is quite remote.

SaraC1253, dgbjwc and Bakersgma like this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

8. SaraC1253

SaraC1253 New Member

Thank you so much! Now to try and find a replacement.....

dgbjwc, komokwa and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted