Featured Lot of 5 English/European Porcelain Dishes - Need help identifying

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Piece Dove, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Piece Dove

Piece Dove Active Member

I recently won this lot on auction. Being new to collecting, I am thankful to have this group to discuss items with. Five English and European Porcelain Plates and Dishes.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg I am curious as to what the double item shown in front is and whether anyone can discern the mark noted on the back?

The larger center plate with lambs is the one that caught my eye. It does not have any marks to the back and I wonder if anyone recognizes it.

The teacup is beautiful but I have no clue where to begin to go to research it as I saw no markings.

I do not have any knowledge on Porcelain and unsure where to start to look for items without any markings.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

judy, Christmasjoy, Pat P and 2 others like this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I think the handled bowl is marked Victoria, Karlsbad Austria. Dates to around 1891-1918.

The cup is most likely German from around the same time.
    Don

3. Piece Dove

Piece Dove Active Member

Thank you Don.

4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Piece Dove and i need help like this.
  5. rhiwfield

rhiwfield Well-Known Member

Double item on front with handle will be some kind of serving dish.

Plate has either signature or name to front. That may give a clue to maker.

S Fielding & co (crown devon) are well known for their blush ware, but I think it is earthenware.

Cup continental, prob germany, fuchsia design?

Piece Dove and i need help like this.
  6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Wow had a flashback seeing the one with the handle. My grandmother had one just like it.

i need help and Piece Dove like this.
  7. Silver

Silver Active Member

I've often seen those double handled dishes referred to as "nut dishes", but I have no idea if that is correct.

i need help and Piece Dove like this.
  8. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

The piece with the lambs could be U.K. Pratt ware. Looks very similar. They did the ceramic printed potted meat lids of various scenes like Pegwell Bay, Crystal Palace etc but did do better pieces as yours featuring stately homes etc. I found it, it is a Pratt ware comport.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    i need help likes this.
  9. Piece Dove

Piece Dove Active Member

Thank you very much.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted