Featured lots of Fenton glass in local auction

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by TallCakes, Sep 25, 2019.

1. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Here's a local online auction with 333 noted Fenton Glass items; lots of eggs, pitchers and vases. This is more recent Fenton Glass. Thought some of the members here might like to see some online estate auction results from middle Tennessee. I did the search for 'Fenton' only items and sorted by bid amount; if you want to see more of the auction just view the whole catalog...

https://bobparksauction.hibid.com/c...line-auction/?q=fenton&m=1&sortOrder=3&ipp=10

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Pretty Fenton and just look at the bids already going on! :p

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Wow! i thought the market had died on fenton ! Im sorta regretting giving away so much .

4. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Those prices are nuts. You can go on Ebay and get the same for 15.00 bucks cheaper at buy it now prices.

5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing.
    I am also surprised at the prices. However there is a seller on Etsy who has basic white Fenton vases in her shop and she gets a lot of money. Her pics are great, but if I had the same stuff in my shop, it would grow mold. I did have one same milk glass item as she did at one point tho it was IG and she sold hers quite fast and mine took 4 ever! :mad:

TallCakes likes this.
  6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Same phenom here, I can buy Fenton for less on ebay than I can buy it locally.

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

It's an alley cat. These are very popular among a certain group of Fenton collectors and can bring big bucks for Fenton (mid three figures at best). The gaudier the better. They are still being sold by Fenton but produced by Mosser and then hand painted by a Fenton artist. They currently are selling one called "Mushrooms Galore". I think the one above is called chocolate slag and was produced by Fenton not too many years before the factory closed. The original mold is US Glass/Tiffin if I remember right.
    Don

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted