Louis XV Green Leather Armchair

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Thomas321, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Thomas321

Thomas321 New Member

I possess 2 green armchairs that I bought from an antique store. The seller said that they are of Belgian origin. Upon research I found a similar chair listed on Newel website (https://www.newel.com/product/french-provincial-floral-arm-chairs) for 18.000 dollars. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the price estimate. Any historical information about the armchairs would be welcome as well. I would especially like to know if there is any chance that the armchairs were used in Versailles or in any other European court. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Danijela Pope likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome Thomas.
    That could be, we used to have a lot of them here in The Netherlands too. The style is originally French, and called after the style period, not necessarily of the period. Most of these chairs were made much more recently.
    I would guess yours are early 20th century, but let's wait for the others.
    My grandparents had a set, but their house wasn't a royal court.;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  3. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Well, I would forget about Newel, their primary business is renting furniture as props for movie/TV productions so those numbers on his site are not even close to actual worth.

PortableTreasures and antidiem like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I just checked prices here, between 45 and 80 euros per chair, on a local selling site comparable to the US craigs list. It could be more where you are.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    PortableTreasures likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted