Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Tools
>
Love Old Machines
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="springfld.arsenal, post: 398462, member: 54"]Here’s the latest old machine to enter the Hoarditorium, think I already mentioned it but now I’m getting into the details. Even the lube instruction plate is kinda cool, etched and painted, you don’t see that kind of work on things made these days. I thought the Cincinnati No. 2 vertical mill was made in the 1950’s at first but running down the serial number, the C in it means it was made in the 3rd year of production of this model, 1933. I’m told that most all machine tools in use in 1941 were run 24/7 during WWII, so there are probably a lot of hours on it, but it was still in use when I bought it at a machine shop auction in PA. There are a couple of broken handles that will be relatively easy to fix, and as soon as an electrician installs the 480-volt distribution, I’ll run it.</p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]138580[/ATTACH] </p><p>[ATTACH=full]138581[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="springfld.arsenal, post: 398462, member: 54"]Here’s the latest old machine to enter the Hoarditorium, think I already mentioned it but now I’m getting into the details. Even the lube instruction plate is kinda cool, etched and painted, you don’t see that kind of work on things made these days. I thought the Cincinnati No. 2 vertical mill was made in the 1950’s at first but running down the serial number, the C in it means it was made in the 3rd year of production of this model, 1933. I’m told that most all machine tools in use in 1941 were run 24/7 during WWII, so there are probably a lot of hours on it, but it was still in use when I bought it at a machine shop auction in PA. There are a couple of broken handles that will be relatively easy to fix, and as soon as an electrician installs the 480-volt distribution, I’ll run it. [ATTACH=full]138580[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]138581[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Tools
>
Love Old Machines
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...