Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Tools
>
Love Old Machines
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="gregsglass, post: 400195, member: 78"]Hi,</p><p> The worst was they had two but one got knocked over and broke. The church staff then threw it away. They had no idea of value back then. The candlestick was 6 ft tall. The church had 6 large bronze candlesticks which they did not know was bronze so every year for Easter they spray painted it gold to make them look pretty. They also had silver sterling candlesticks which tarnished but they thought were plated and so they were sprayed with silver paint every Easter also. God bless them but they had no idea of what they had. When I joined I was so stunned to see such treasures that they had and did not know about. I walked the church many times the winter I moved there and thought the church was abandoned. One summer morning I heard music and the front doors were open. I stuck my head in and was so amazed at what I saw. I stayed for the service and as I was leaving the Priest stopped me and said he knew I would be back. I said "Father I work three Sundays in a row and the fourth I go away for the weekend. He then prayed over my head and said he would see me next Sunday. I thought he was a bit weird but left. The next day my boss left work and never returned. The hospital offered me his job a few days later. Was it a sign or something else? To this day I can not explain it. The next Sunday I was in the church again. The Priest said I told you so. We need you here and you have arrived.</p><p>greg[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="gregsglass, post: 400195, member: 78"]Hi, The worst was they had two but one got knocked over and broke. The church staff then threw it away. They had no idea of value back then. The candlestick was 6 ft tall. The church had 6 large bronze candlesticks which they did not know was bronze so every year for Easter they spray painted it gold to make them look pretty. They also had silver sterling candlesticks which tarnished but they thought were plated and so they were sprayed with silver paint every Easter also. God bless them but they had no idea of what they had. When I joined I was so stunned to see such treasures that they had and did not know about. I walked the church many times the winter I moved there and thought the church was abandoned. One summer morning I heard music and the front doors were open. I stuck my head in and was so amazed at what I saw. I stayed for the service and as I was leaving the Priest stopped me and said he knew I would be back. I said "Father I work three Sundays in a row and the fourth I go away for the weekend. He then prayed over my head and said he would see me next Sunday. I thought he was a bit weird but left. The next day my boss left work and never returned. The hospital offered me his job a few days later. Was it a sign or something else? To this day I can not explain it. The next Sunday I was in the church again. The Priest said I told you so. We need you here and you have arrived. greg[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Tools
>
Love Old Machines
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...