Ludwigsburg, Volkstedt, or Meissen ??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by StefW, May 22, 2019.

1. StefW

StefW New Member

FE447E14-326C-4171-B43B-67DE4DF6D17A.jpeg 361F1B1B-12F0-408B-BD12-FCE155FFAB1E.jpeg Hi everyone!

I'm new here. Found a piece that took me a few hours to research. It's from Germany. I've seen it called both Ludwigsburg AND Volkstedt, and have seen that Meissen also worked on this piece!

This link discusses Meissen working for Ludwigsburg: https://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/germany/baden/ludwigsburg-01/index.php

It matches the marks for Ludwigsburg in 1759-1760.

I bought the piece because it appears to be a Brittany dog on it and I'm a Brittany lover.

Any help and guidance would be great. Price doesn't really matter because I'm keeping it, but I am curious what your pricing points would be! I bought it for $54!!

Thanks so much!

StefW

Figtree3, Any Jewelry and Marzena like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I'll give you $55! Good buy regardless.

Rontgen shows the mark as Ludwigsburg as well, but not that specific crown (nor does PMM with respect to the crown). That opens the door to the possibility of this being a spurious mark. It looks like a very good group, and a bargain for the price paid, but may be by some later company.

I don't have the information at hand, but the color palette could be an indicator of the date. Variety of colors grew over an extended period of time.

At least no one's calling it Chanel. Yet.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  3. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted