Featured M. A. Hadley Pottery Is closing

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Suzy60us, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

FYI - M. A. Hadley Pottery is closing.
    From their Facebook Page:
    DEAR LOYAL HADLEY POTTERY CUSTOMERS
    With deepest sadness, we regret to inform you that Hadley Pottery at 1570 Story Avenue, Louisville, Kentucky will be closing its doors sometime near the end of 2022. Due to the high cost of materials, machine repairs and replacement, as well as other day-to-day costs, it has become impossible for us to continue for the long run.
    Our plan is to fill ALL orders that are already in-house – of this you can be sure. As of now, we will be taking orders online and over the phone through April 6, 2022. If for any reason, we are unable to fill any of these orders completely before closing, we will provide a refund or substitution of ware.
    While we continue to fill orders, we will be firing many of the older green ware pieces that have been hiding out and hanging around in our factory for years. Some of these pieces will be “blasts from the past” that you may have forgotten about – or perhaps never seen before. We will be showing these pieces on our Facebook page. These items can be purchased by calling us at 502-584-2171. You may also send an email to info@hadleypottery.com with your request. We hope that everyone will be able to receive any last pieces of Hadley Pottery, either by phone, email or coming into the store.
    Our Hadley Pottery outlet store is located at 1570 Story Avenue, Louisville, KY. This is where we have produced the adored and iconic Hadley Pottery for 80 plus years. We hope you can make it for a visit before we close our doors. The factory store will be stocked with seconds, as usual, as well as overstock first quality pieces, with more ware being added as we go.
    Lastly, to you cherished customer, we would like to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your outstanding and remarkable loyalty over the years. We were here all this time because of you.

judy, bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

:( I just saw quite a few pieces of their pottery at a thrift store this week but the prices were to high for resale.

judy likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

4. AntiqueBytes

AntiqueBytes Well-Known Member

They were a great little company.

I started finding some locally recently. I only bought one piece though.

judy likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

I have several pieces. Not a collection's worth, but I've tried to buy them when I see them.

judy likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

@Suzy60us Can non FB members access the Hadley page?

*crs* and judy like this.
  7. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

8. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

Good Morning !

Thanks *crs*, I tried to put a link in my original post; it did not work. BakersGM I do not think you need to be a facebook member because it is a business.
    I guess it is a sign of the economic times (Covid, Lack of employees, high prices) but so many old established businesses are closing. Locally, we have had several restaurants, bakeries, and bars close.

*crs* likes this.
  9. Bakersgma

Thanks, Suzy. I was able to use crs's link to get in.

*crs* likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted