Featured M&S Penny Bazaar

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Epideme, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Epideme

Epideme New Member

Hi, I confess to only having a casual interest in antiques. However, I'm currently clearing my Aunt's house and have come across a few bits and pieces. I need to get up to speed a bit and was hoping some folks here could help with a few pointers.

I'm trying to work out what to do with this item below. It has been in the family for a lot of years, bought by my great grandmother, probably in Wigan around 1900. Is there a market somewhere for this type of thing.

Cheers, Paul mands.jpg

2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Is this for a doll house?

sabre123 and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  4. Epideme

Epideme New Member

I think it must be, the poker is about 3" long to give an idea of scale.

Paul

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Dollhouse set, that's what I think also. There could be a good market for these, especially since they're are on the original card.

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Who is our dollhouse person @johnnycb09 ? Whoever it is would probably be happy to take it off your hands. I agree that there are probably a lot of takers for something like this.

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That is fascinating. Marks & Spencers has quite an extensive web site dedicated to 'Marks in Time' and they accept donations of the brand's items. But, of course, your Dollies' Set is also saleable, especially since as noted above, it's still on its original card.

https://marksintime.marksandspencer.com/home

The Wigan store c. 1910.

v0_web.jpg

Debora

8. DizzyDaff

DizzyDaff Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Welcome @Epideme I think you'll find there is probably a market for most anything old vintage. And the odder it is, the better it will be liked! :woot::shame:

kyratango and moreotherstuff like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted