Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Made in Japan Is it a lidded pitcher? Age/Maker?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Lucille.b, post: 2262404, member: 51"]I've seen that type of clay in vintage pottery, usually Japan. Like Cluttered, I think it was more for lower cost ware, is light weight, and definitely "less of a glass sound" that glazed normal pottery might have if you tap it. I wonder if the lighter type material sped up production in some way. Curious because I really don't know. Great question.</p><p><br /></p><p>I do like this piece. Really flashy/vintage. Stands out.</p><p><br /></p><p>And great similar piece found, INH.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Lucille.b, post: 2262404, member: 51"]I've seen that type of clay in vintage pottery, usually Japan. Like Cluttered, I think it was more for lower cost ware, is light weight, and definitely "less of a glass sound" that glazed normal pottery might have if you tap it. I wonder if the lighter type material sped up production in some way. Curious because I really don't know. Great question. I do like this piece. Really flashy/vintage. Stands out. And great similar piece found, INH.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Made in Japan Is it a lidded pitcher? Age/Maker?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...