Featured MAINE ANTIQUE DIGEST- James D. Julia Auction Held!! Neat stuff!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Aquitaine, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

For those interested in Arms, etc, I think this link will work!! There's even a tank!!
    Well, that didn't work.....let me see what I did wrong......Think I was able to work around it......trying this.....

Well, the problem is that I had to leave ALL of my private information accessible and open in order to leave it so the article could be read! No way to make MY info PRIVATE.....BUMMER!!!! SORRY!!! If you get MAD....pg 29-D starts the article!! :sorry::sorry::(:(

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Tease!
    Just like in high school!
    ;)

James Conrad likes this.
  3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

I think the Venus de Milo is looking for some...

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

KingofThings and James Conrad like this.
  5. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Gets the digital edition, got tired of getting ink all over my hands, shirt & pants reading the print thingy. I looked on page 29, it was obits section:dead:

KingofThings likes this.
  6. KingofThings

???

James Conrad likes this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

"Arms" ;)

8. James Conrad

lol, i am not sure, i think all these old women have been into the wine jug this evening!:hungover:

judy and KingofThings like this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Then they'd be legless!

judy, James Conrad and KingofThings like this.
  10. Aquitaine

Pg 29 of SEC D???? Even in the Digital sec.....I went back online and copied some stuff....for educational purposes of course....from that very page!!! To be posted shortly!!

James Conrad and KingofThings like this.
  11. Aquitaine

For Your Perusal:

z45-caliber Colt Thompson machine gun45425.jpg zApacheKnuckleDuster20125.jpg zColt #1 Baby Paterson40250.jpg zConfederate sharpshooter’s rifle by the Whitworth Rifle Company161000.jpg zCyrus Alger Civil War 12-pound mountain howitzer69000.jpg zlight cavalry officer’s saber17250.jpg zsilver-plated Shawk & McLanahan revolver.36-caliber Navy revolver.jpg zUNSOLDWinchester 1873One of One Thousandrifle.jpg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    James Conrad and KingofThings like this.
  12. Aquitaine

Your day will come too James!!!!!:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::D

13. KingofThings

I did not know there was a Colt ‘Baby Paterson’. This weapon is surely named for Paterson New Jersey where I assume it was made for that is where the huge Colt factory was. I also assume there is a Colt simply named the Paterson?
    Side note: Paterson was the site of the beginnings of the ‘industrial revolution’ in the US and essentially begun by Alexander Hamilton’s interest in that probability.
    The beautiful Great Falls were utilized to produce electricity and they still do though the visible areas have quite a bit of ice on them now.
    I’ve been there a few times and love to see them.
    Paterson is also where Lou Costello, of the comedy team of Abbott and Costello, was born.
    There is a statue of him in a park downtown. There was a Abott and Costello museum on the campus of Montclair State University just down the road from NY Yankee catcher Yogi Berra’s museum also on the campus. The A&C museum has closed and I believe the collection will now be housed at the Paterson museum which, I think, it always should have been.
    The museum is worth seeing as it also houses one of the early submarines’ designed by Holland.

judy, James Conrad and Aquitaine like this.
  14. Aquitaine

King.....I went back and copied the whole listing, which wasn't long for the Baby Paterson:

"This Colt #1 Baby Paterson cased revolver, serial number 458, with a German silver front sight and engraved in script along the top of the barrel “Patent Arms Mg Co. Paterson N.J.-Colt’s Pt.,” estimated at $25,000/35,000, sold for $40,250."

15. KingofThings

Thank you! :)

judy and Aquitaine like this.
  16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

The Paterson was the forerunner of the colt line of famous revolvers.

Please don't show me the Thompson......a failed gun that became an American Icon...! .....................Droooool !!!! :hungry::hungry::hungry:

KingofThings, judy and James Conrad like this.
  17. James Conrad

Uhhhhh, earth to the the elderly ladies, come in dear, are you there? It's on page 157 in the digital edition....... put down that wine jug this instant!!:p

https://demad.s3.amazonaws.com/2018-01/January 2018/156/

KingofThings likes this.
  18. James Conrad

Yeah, you can't copy n paste web addy because of paid subscription issues! Above link goes nowhere! But, you can thumbnail & save image, course, you can't read it or enlarge, lol

page0157_s.png
    page0158_s.png
    page0159_s.png

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    kyratango, KingofThings and judy like this.
  19. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The James D. Julia company website also includes the full catalog and all the results of that auction, and other past auctions. No need to post from a secondary publication unless you want to read the article that appeared. Just a hint! :) Might save a lot of trouble.

20. James Conrad

Yeah but then, I wouldn't get a chance to riff on the post! which i am having a good time doing!:joyful:

KingofThings and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted