Maker Of Italian ? Faience Figurine

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Feb 23, 2018.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

D3617DDD-F5A0-4E58-8CCE-12B1C9EE0A3F.jpeg ED5A3BBD-64F0-4F7B-9E5C-32CD290D39C3.jpeg Anyone recognizes the marks?

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think its italian,maybe Walter will see it if you edit the title to include italian ceramic.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

The short answer is yes I've seen the C:N: CiNi mark before.

The long answer.....I don't know where. The figure certainly does have an Italian look or perhaps he's meant to look that way based on the character.

So I did check the two books I have of Walter's on Faenza and Cantagalli to Fornasetti. Not there.

It is written, with the colons, like many old Dutch marks were written so I pulled out some mark books covering the Dutch as well as other world faience/Delft marks. Not in these I saw.
    Chaffers
    Cox
    I checked Kovel's as well.

So I'm not sure where I've seen it. I'm not sure if I have material here with information or if I just remember it from the many, many thousands of items I've viewed over the years, or actually, I should probably go flip over a few of my own objects to refresh my memory of what's there.

I tried to also focus on the other part of the mark however I've had some very aggressive cat help this morning and can't swear to anything. If no one else finds it I'll look more in a bit.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted