Marine Light ?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Drew, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Cast brass with glass Fresnel lenses, 11" x 6". I'm familiar with port (red) and starboard (green) navigation lights which have 112 degrees of projection each, but this is one unit with both lenses projecting s-l1600.jpg 360 degrees. What use does it serve... can't be used to mark sides of a ship ? It's marked 'PNY' and number.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I found a site that shows a similar fixture relating to vessels of more that 20 meters, however, yours looks like it has had someone do some home made "jury rigging" on it.....to make it a table lamp......here's the site......to see if you can make heads or tails out of it.......my feeling is they both should have been one color or the other...........

https://www.perko.com/catalog/category/navigation_lights_over_20_meters/

3. alex webb

alex webb Well-Known Member

Fid likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted