Masons Fruit Basket Red - Mark 22

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jorden, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Hey everyone, i am putting this post on on behalf of my other half. A year ago she lost her mother and is looking to reduce some of her belongings some to keep and some to sell. After doing some looking in a few boxes and sort some stuff out we came across a quite beautiful collection of Masons China that her mother had collected over the years. After looking onto Ebay and some other sites spending quite a few hours researching and firstly trying to figure out what the set was called and the year it must have been made. (I personally have no idea about antiques at all). We found out that it is a Masons Fruit Basket Red - dated around 1950. I am purely asking a rough sort of price the collection would be able to be sold for, Or if it's better so sell each item individually.

Attached Files:

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    After selling for years I have found that most people do not need a full set of china (plus the shipping will be a killer). Most people need one or a couple of pieces to add to a set for replacement of chipped/broken pieces. I would break it down to 2 plates or 4 cups and saucers etc. The shipping will be easier. The serving pieces also like the sugar and creamer. The serving bowls sell each separately. Just let people know that you have more pieces available. I have only sold three sets of china entirely. It was six times the price for shipping. What you don't sell within a period donate the rest.
    greg

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I agree with Greg if you are going to sell on ebay or etsy. Break the set into easily packed groups. Such as a single place setting, a couple of plates, etc. Over the long run you will make more money.

Selling as a set try Craigslist.
    This looks like a nice set to use for Thanksgiving. Although not many young people will set a fancy table, and most of us older folks already have 1-3 sets of china.

I was looking at Replacements to get a value idea.
    I don't think your pattern is Fruit Basket Red. I think it is Fruit Basket Red Multicolor. There is a difference. Here is their pricing which tends to be the highest, and I tell people to use it for insurance values.
    I would cut the prices to about a third if I wanted to sell it.
    http://www.replacements.com/webquote/masfrbr.htm

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Thank you everyone! I can see what you mean by when you say the colour is red multi colour. I will take everything you guys have said into consideration. Thank you very much!

Draft saved Draft deleted