Featured May I get some help on this double handle thing? TYIA

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Mar 13, 2023.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

43575702-5050-4180-B5C3-4EF378BCE8E4.jpeg B8E3291E-85C5-49F4-B6F2-2655CB5BC99D.jpeg
    Hi,

The price was right and the glaze looks decent. I can’t find similar. Only think that comes to mind for me is blue mountain pottery but I am sure that is probably way off

What would its use be?

thank you for any help on it

2. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

3. gauntlettgems

Dang it! Did you Google image search? It didn’t come up with anything for me. Thank you

4. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Yes - it instantly came up on eBay.

5. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

It may be hard to find an original lid but doesn't prevent you from using it..........I have a ceramic LeCrueset bean pot/no lid and found a glass lid from a crock pot that fits perfect - now it's in the rotation for weekly meals.

komokwa, LauraGarnet02 and Aquitaine like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Casserole or marmite missing it’s lid.

Aquitaine likes this.
  7. gauntlettgems

I’d be worried this would crack on the stove

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  8. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

NOT for stovetop use. Oven OK, microwave maybe.

LauraGarnet02 and gauntlettgems like this.
  9. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

The inside of the lid says it all. Microwave Ovenware. Tho it doesn't say No Stovetop, most people know better.

s-l400 (12).jpg

10. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Yes, Never on open flame - oven or if you like half of your meal to burn your mouth off and the other half be cold then yes, Microwave ovens also work.

11. gauntlettgems

I like it for the oven. Looks like it would bake apples really wel. Thank you all for the help. I hope I find a top to fit

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  12. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Goodwill is where I have scored excellent clear Pyrex replacements for several of my favorite casseroles, etc.
    A couple things to look out for: NO chips or cracks! Then, be sure the knob is well enough designed to be a good, comfortable & secure grip with a pot-holder or glove...some of the newer ones have such small & clumsy grips that they're a hazard in use...burns and/or breakage can occur. Good luck!

gauntlettgems and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  13. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Yup. Me too @wlwhittier . I even use round glass Pyrex lids on cast iron skillets. Love 'em. They are excellent.

wlwhittier and gauntlettgems like this.
  14. gauntlettgems

I love my cast iron.
    Was scared to use a glass too on it. Now I know I can!! Ty

wlwhittier and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  15. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Some are stovetop safe, but they’re usually marked. Oven.

Draft saved Draft deleted