Mayer China Restaurantware

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by M.Brown, Dec 3, 2018.

1. M.Brown

M.Brown Member

Hi, guys!

I came across a set of Mayer China restaurantware a couple days ago, but haven’t been able to locate this specific pattern. It has the number 466 stamped on the bottom.

Anyone have any ideas? I’d appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    If the number on the back is 466 then the set should have been made in 1966 and on. I have a note in my journal that the last 2 numbers on the back are the year that pattern was offered.
    greg

Any Jewelry, M.Brown and i need help like this.
  3. M.Brown

M.Brown Member

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your swift reply. However, in my research I came across a blog that stated the following.

“If you have any Mayer china, you can easily date it by looking at the last two numbers on the back. For example, if the number is 451, it is a 1951 design. (Update 10/3/2012: Several people have reported having pieces with no numbers. Apparently the souces I used for this post were incorrect about how easy it is to date your Mayer china!)”

I kind of thought the numbers represented the year, too, but after reading that, I wasn’t so sure.

Sorry to make things difficult!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hi, sorry I don't know your pattern and a great site that used to have lots of information seems to have ceased. Anyway, I think the number might be 486 or maybe even 480.
    upload_2018-12-3_11-35-17.png

Any Jewelry, M.Brown and i need help like this.
  5. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

M.Brown and i need help like this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

7. M.Brown

M.Brown Member

I completely missed that eBay listing when searching. I should probably learn how to research better. Haha.

Thank you, guys! I really appreciate all of the help!

komokwa, i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted