Featured MCM vase...Empoli?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by DivasFinds, Dec 31, 2021.

1. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

20211231_163856_copy_756x1008.jpg 20211231_163906_copy_756x1008.jpg 20211231_163913_copy_756x1008.jpg Thoughts?? Here's my auction vase....it appears to be clear glass at very bottom (bottom 3/4"), white inside. 18" tall and about 5" wide at base and top. No identifying stickers or marks....

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hi2022, Figtree3, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. DivasFinds

It is and it isn't....definitely more of an "hourglass" figure, and the clear spot at the bottom is not as pronounced as the one on ebay...doesn't appear that the glass is as "thick"either....

Figtree3, judy and dude like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

5. DivasFinds

Hi2022 and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. DivasFinds

ANY JEWELRY....thanks for the tip....because I would have never thought to do this!! I emailed LSA and someone actually responded! Unfortunately they say they are not the maker of the vase (which, upon comparing it to some of the LSA vases I see on ebay I am not too surprised). It's nice to at least have a concrete answer....still wondering if it's empoli, my research continues!!

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

LSA don't typically case in milk glass. It doesn't look made in Empoli either. Might be Japanese.

8. DivasFinds

Interesting, thx!

9. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

DivasFinds likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted