Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Meerschaum cigar holder Portrait? Who am I?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="J Dagger, post: 13196280, member: 10944"]I had the former in mind firmly when thinking about this side of things. I saw a couple interesting items cross the block recently. There was a museum exhibition in the last couple years in New England somewhere with “the taboo” being the theme. It heavily featured the sets you’re interested in I believe. Can’t find a link anywhere. I’m currently watching The Knick on HBO. It’s a drama based in a turn of the century NYC hospital. They did a nice job portraying a lounge of the era. A hostess even mentioned good quality jade bowls. The set decorators did a great job and the director (Steven Soderbergh) did a good job lingering on some of the architectural details. If I recall correctly Peaky Blinders also had scenes in a London lounge that were interesting. </p><p><br /></p><p>I bet if a poker belonging to Hendrix or Cobain crossed the block there would be a lot of morbid interest. They would be without a doubt collectible if the rich and celebrities of the modern era took the time to commission gold and silver implements. I’m sure some have. Maybe they’ll eventually make it to auction. A gold and diamond encrusted cola spoon and straw set maybe?[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="J Dagger, post: 13196280, member: 10944"]I had the former in mind firmly when thinking about this side of things. I saw a couple interesting items cross the block recently. There was a museum exhibition in the last couple years in New England somewhere with “the taboo” being the theme. It heavily featured the sets you’re interested in I believe. Can’t find a link anywhere. I’m currently watching The Knick on HBO. It’s a drama based in a turn of the century NYC hospital. They did a nice job portraying a lounge of the era. A hostess even mentioned good quality jade bowls. The set decorators did a great job and the director (Steven Soderbergh) did a good job lingering on some of the architectural details. If I recall correctly Peaky Blinders also had scenes in a London lounge that were interesting. I bet if a poker belonging to Hendrix or Cobain crossed the block there would be a lot of morbid interest. They would be without a doubt collectible if the rich and celebrities of the modern era took the time to commission gold and silver implements. I’m sure some have. Maybe they’ll eventually make it to auction. A gold and diamond encrusted cola spoon and straw set maybe?[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Meerschaum cigar holder Portrait? Who am I?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...