Featured Meet My Other Uncle Frank And His Wooden Horse

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by vitry-le-francois, Sep 4, 2022.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

I might as well tell you the story behind my other family member: Uncle Frank.

When I was a wee little lad, Uncle Frank would tell me these incredible stories of his adventures. He claimed to be a time traveller. He would zip back and forth, sometimes thousands of years in the past, to bear witness to historical events.

At the Battle of Dumpling during the LoMein Dynasty, Uncle Frank employed modern day infantry tactics to overcome and rout the enemy. He was deemed a hero and Emperor ChowMein gifted him with this carved wood figurine of him riding his horse into battle.

Unfortunately, Uncle Frank lost this beloved item and over the centuries it was passed around, damaged, worn and forgotten. Only after we cleaned out the back shed was it rediscovered.

Furthermore, Uncle Frank has developed memory issues and can't remember if this is indeed a relic from some ancient Asian Dynasty or if he, more recently, won it at a carnival playing a corn hole contest (best of 5 rounds).

Please help Uncle Frank correctly identify this supposed relic of ancient lore.
    horse10.jpg horse9.jpg horse8.jpg horse7.jpg horse6.jpg horse5.jpg horse4.jpg horse3.jpg horse2.jpg horse1.jpg

elarnia, KSW, kyratango and 1 other person like this.
  2. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Both yer uncles are Coke addicts? That might account for th' memory issues, eh?

kyratango likes this.
  3. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I see a family resemblance.

My grandfather used to tell us about going on training exercises with General Brock (War of 1812).

kyratango and Aquitaine like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

:hilarious: The LoMein Dynasty! Wow! :hilarious:

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I LOVE your Uncle Frank and his "gifted" treasure!!!! I'm just not totally sure about the age of his treasure, that's spent some significant sounding time in the back of an old shed!!! Hopefully someone can read what's written on the back of the base!!! Apparently, some worm holes are visible in the top of the base too?? Lots of flaking paint.....who knows.....maybe he WAS a Time Traveler!!!!!

horse4-1_75x.jpg

kyratango likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted