Featured Meissen 1815-1924; a Reissue or a Fake?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Nov 28, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I've missed you all so much. I have a small amount to time to hang around right now, and I haven't had any time to find new things anyway. When I came back from camping, I became overwhelmed with a construction project that is still underway. Now to the important thing. I found this plate with a Meissen mark, but don't know enough to determine if it is the real thing. I need your expert advice. If it is a fake, I didn't pay much, so no big loss. It looks hand painted to me and well done.
    This one is similar but white instead of cobalt. The seller claims 1815-1860. https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.ebay.com/itm/184624017875?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjzgPyZzLz0AhV4IzQIHZCgDd0QwSsIXg&usg=AOvVaw3Tl_ARGY6pxFTj0CrqkIoI

IMG_2413.jpg IMG_2414.jpg IMG_2415.jpg IMG_2416.jpg IMG_2418.jpg IMG_2419.jpg IMG_2412.jpg IMG_2420.jpg IMG_2422.jpg IMG_2411.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Very nice to see you, Kiko! :cat: Welcome back! :):):)

I'm not an expert in Meissen, so wait for others...

3. KikoBlueEyes

Good to be back. Thanks.

Bronwen, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong with the mark as it is in the photo. There is lots of info about the various crossed swords online, but I wouldn't know if this is really an 1815+ mark or not. The porcelain should be very white.

5. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I was basing my time period on the turned up ends which start in 1815. I appreciate your confirmation. It would be really cool if it is. The photos are more yellow and gray than the actual porcelain.

6. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

Hi, it looks fine to me but more towards the second half of the 19th c at earliest. If you search for " Prunkteller Meissen" you will find a lot of similar ones.
    Mat

reader, Bronwen, bercrystal and 4 others like this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Kiko!

Wishing you better days ahead...........more fun time for you.

8. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

NOT A CLUE! about your plate but, good to see you survived your construction project.
    Being in the const. biz myself, I bet THAT was an excellent adventure! :)

739e8b8ceb998936d566c6876d206c1eRR.jpg

9. KikoBlueEyes

Mat
    Excellent. You are right! I found a whole bunch of them that are the same with different colors. I found this one under some shoes at a high-end clothes and shoes boutique sale at my favorite resale shop. I wouldn't have known what it might be without having hung out with all of you wonderful knowledgeable people. Thank you so much.

10. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you, Judy. I hope to be able to carve out more free time now that things have calmed down. I have been doing some of the work myself to save money, and because I lack the skill and experience of a construction worker/painter/handyman, it takes me 10 times as long.
    Kiko

judy, Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

12. KikoBlueEyes

You should see me with my painter's head gear on when I am painting eaves. I wear one of those spray socks to protect my hair. Talk about alien.

41Aqn4HQ-RL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

judy, Bronwen, bercrystal and 3 others like this.
  13. KikoBlueEyes

Janette
    Thank you very much. It's good to be back.
    Kiko

14. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very fetching Kiko.:kiss:
    I was thinking more along these lines:

upload_2021-11-29_16-27-7.jpeg

judy, Bronwen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  15. KikoBlueEyes

I always knew you are a much better dresser. :kiss: I've seen some of your jewelry.

Kiko

16. James Conrad

Yeah, SCARY!
    The entire JIT (just in time) system developed by Toyota in the 1970s has CRASHED & BURNED!
    In the USA we bought into this jit system lock, stock & barrel and we are paying for that now. It works very well so long as every cog in the system delivers on time, let one cog go down however and BOOM! the entire system implodes.
    Does not even schedule work now until ALL the product/material is on the job-site.
    At least you survived the JIT meltdown & lived to tell the tale!

Bronwen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  17. KikoBlueEyes

Of course, I should have waited, but the project already had been delayed for more than a year, while my friend, the architect, juggled two home projects, as well as work, and then a prolonged illness. Then because I own an historic house, it was stalled for months in the permit approval process. I had to pull the trigger or reschedule the other two contractors, who had months long waiting lists.
    I know what you mean about supplies. Businesses figured out that they could reduce cost by reducing inventory until it was needed. Fewer unsaleable products and no cost for storage. I am at peace with the siding delay. I have been waiting for years for this to get done. So a few more months isn't that much of a problem, because I can park my big ole truck in the garage now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Because of major cost overruns due to COVID price increases, the project is 30% over budget, so I am doing some of the work myself. That's what eating up my time.

judy, Bronwen, antidiem and 2 others like this.
  18. James Conrad

EXACTLY! warehouse costs storing products were eliminated/reduced, EUREKA!
    Covid showed how incredibly fragile this system is, one of the many unforeseen consequences of shutting everything down.

That is very acceptable considering, you did VERY well I'd say!

judy, Bronwen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  19. KikoBlueEyes

What amazes me is that people don't expect a worldwide pandemic with a deadly virus to create any changes. Back stock of inventory wouldn't have bridged the gap caused by the people, who produce the raw materials and finished products, getting very sick and not being able to work, and the pent-up supply of money caused by people not going to restaurants, entertainment and travel, so they are buying things. These two factors have caused the problem in my mind. We haven't had a major war or worldwide pandemic in 70-100 years. People don't have experiences with the consequences.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  20. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This group as a whole just loves to lead unsuspecting newbies down the road to becoming semi-hoarder collectors. ;) :playful::playful: :D:D:D :kiss::kiss:

Welcome back!! Hope you had a good time on your camping trip. :happy::happy:

Any Jewelry, Bronwen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted