Mersman Table #7152

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by VictoriaFoos, Apr 24, 2017.

1. VictoriaFoos

VictoriaFoos New Member

I recently picked up a Mersman table at Goodwill for $6. It is marked as a Mersman 7152. I am unable to find anything online about it, or even anything similar. Does anyone have any information on this piece? Thanks! Mersman.jpg Mersman marking.jpg

Joshua Brown likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Lucille.b likes this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

There is quite a bit about Mersman furniture online, the link above for starters. Also almost 200 pieces of Mersman furniture currently on Ebay. In a quick search I didn't find this piece. On Ebay under "Sold" the most expensive piece sold for $365, it was a Mersman Queen Anne style Mahogany hallway table and the least expensive sold for $10 which was a Mersman Formica topped coffee table. A table like this is probably closer to the lower end of things, but more than what you paid.

Ironically, the fact that it has been painted might even be a slight plus for an item like this, if the former owner painted it well. (Normally you'd expect that wood furniture that has been painted would goes down in value, but brown furniture currently is in sort of a sales slump, and repainted things seem to be selling just fine.)

Seems like a functional little table. Could be cute in a guest bedroom or some such. I think for $6 you did nicely.

Possible that the number could help with the dating of it with additional research online, or maybe someone has thoughts about the style.

Draft saved Draft deleted