MGM Prop Auction 1970

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Tiquer, May 22, 2024.

1. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

Anyone own any items from this sad event?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

I didn't learn of it until MUCH later!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I bought a little table that supposedly was used in Aunt Pittypat's parlor in Gone with the wind. I ended up selling it to a drag queen who was the ultimate GWTW fan . His drag name was Scarlett Butler ! The shop I got it from also had a desk used in the Prisoner of Zenda ,Man in the iron mask,and a few others that escape me. I was never able to confirm that table I bought was in the movie,I watched GWTW over and over to try and spot it. It did have a tag on it with the so called inventory number,what film,etc.

5. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

Cool! I know of a few items I'd like to have, but like you, I can't confirm true use of the items in said movies.

johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. bosko69

Johnny you ought to write a book !

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

A windy named Scarlett Butler with Aunt Pittypat's table - bet he served the tea over that thing many a time.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  8. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

Lol. Windy.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  9. evelyb30

It's an accepted term for major Gone with the Wind fans, as used by said fans. But... I like it too. :D

johnnycb09 likes this.
  10. johnnycb09

Sometimes even I cant believe the life Ive had ! So many crazy adventures,so much fun ! Scarlett and I remained friends for years ,he was a lovely person. He used to wear a big hoop skirt with lights threaded thru it during his numbers,seeing was believing ! He used to try and stump me with GWTW trivia but never could.Then he'd give me free drinks for every right answer (he was a bartender too) . Ah the memories. :)

Ghopper1924, kentworld and NanaB like this.
  11. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

12. bosko69

13. johnnycb09

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

14. johnnycb09

in his granny's best Royal Doulton ,hand painted with periwinkles ala Hyacinth Bucket !

15. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

I'm ready to hear about a new movie prop now LOL

johnnycb09 likes this.
  16. evelyb30

I can believe it! Would have been a blast too. These days spilling the tea/tea party means spilling the gossip, but then again it always did.

johnnycb09 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted