Mid Century Atomic Red Italian (?) Modernist Pottery. Need help ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lva483, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Lva483

Lva483 Active Member

Hello and a happy summer to everyone.

I picked up this large red vase and can't figure out who made it. The signature/mark on the bottom is smeared. When I originally picked it up I thought it was enameled copper, but after further inspection I located a small chip on the rim and realized it was terracotta. Any thoughts regarding its maker/origin?
    Measurements - Height 9¾” / Width 5½”

5.jpg 6.JPG Thanks everyone for all your help.

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  2. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

UncleChuckTX, judy, sabre123 and 3 others like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Might also be Poole.

blooey and UncleChuckTX like this.
  4. Touchdry

Touchdry Well-Known Member

Lva483 and judy like this.
  5. Lva483

Lva483 Active Member

Thank you so much, I've never seen this website before and it's already been super helpful. I think you may be onto something regarding Vallauris, one of the red pieces on the site has a signature done in the same kind've ink, in a similar red, with the same color clay. Good eye, thanks again!

PortableTreasures and Touchdry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted