Mid Century Cranberry Glass Ashtray - Can't Decipher Signature

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Feb 7, 2017.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone! I could use your help in figurine out who made this ashtray. It stands about 2 3/4" tall, 3 1/4" across the opening, and 2" across the base. There is a script signature on the ashtray but I can't make it out. Sorry about the quality of the picture. I turned it every which way on a variety of backgrounds but this was the best I could get.
    Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    Don
    DSC07752.JPG DSC07755.JPG DSC07756.JPG IMG_20170207_123007605.jpg

2. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I would say Val St. Lambert

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Oh, that would be lovely! It's not the Val St. Lambert signature I'm used to so it never crossed my mind. Off to research! Thank you, desperate_fun!

4. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

5. desperate_fun

No problem. Glad I could help.

6. desperate_fun

7. desperate_fun

It is a nice piece and I would have grabbed it for our collection.

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I was considering selling it but I think it will join MY collection. I'm a sucker for French and Belgium glass especially in color.
    Don

desperate_fun likes this.
  9. desperate_fun

Don,

I think we have 3 or 4 pieces of VSL in our collection.

10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I think I've got about the same amount of Val St. Laurent. I am lucky because when the better glass comes up here no one else has a clue to value. I've picked up many nice pieces of Baccarat, Lalique, Swarovski, and Orrefors. My last purchase was a small green Lalique vase last week. My favorite is my first piece of Daum. We were vacationing in Puerto Rico and found a dog and tree paperweight at a jewelry store in the hotel. It was 1/2 price. I guess they couldn't move it. That was about 25 years ago.
    Don

desperate_fun likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted