Featured Mid century scandinavian or home department store?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by F&C, Jul 25, 2021.

1. F&C

F&C Well-Known Member

Can anyone help identify this? Its a solid wood turned bowl of some description. I was thinking mid century Scandinavian type of design but also wouldn't be surprised if it came from home decor department, though maybe solid wood would be too expensive for that $_57 - 2021-07-25T122524.686.jpg $_57 - 2021-07-25T122510.630.jpg $_57 - 2021-07-25T122543.508.jpg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm not sure what it is though I found the same one on a website photo for Hinckley Roller Blinds as a photo prop. This is the website but on my computer the photo is small, on my phone it's bigger.

https://www.hinckleyblinds.com/roller-blinds/

You have it in the Pottery forum but say it's all wood. Is it painted wood or perhaps partly wood and partly ceramic? Is it marked on the base?

My first thought was that it might be resin painted to look like wood, is that a no?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  3. F&C

F&C Well-Known Member

Im sure its wood, raised knots visible on the inside. Maybe the people at hockley blinds are using stock photos from somewhere. But uncanny you're able to find that example thank you. No marks whatsoever

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Google found it, can't take the credit. Wish it was more helpful.

Draft saved Draft deleted