Military Button & Patch Collection - Germany & Paratrooper Patches

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by leeddie, Feb 20, 2017.

1. leeddie

leeddie Well-Known Member

This weekend I was lucky to get a call and was offer the following collection. I use the term loosely because it was in a plastic food container no detailed info on the pieces was provided. Most are military but there are some others like a 1942 WWII Major League Baseball Sleeve patch, Ford Motors Crests patches and a few others. I usually like paper, but I found this interesting so I bit. I have looked at some of the buttons and pins (about 20 or so). Have only researched the State of Wisconsin buttons. Have to organize the other buttons and pins.. The patches I have started, but stopped because I wanted to ask about 2 specific patches. They are the map of Germany and the Paratrooper one. There were another 100 patches (give or take I haven't done a count). Those were exclusively Air Force and most are unused/new not included in the pics.
    The map patch measure 3 1/2"h x 4 3/4"w and the paratrooper measures 4" x 3 3/4"w approx. Thanks,

Eddie buttons_patches001.jpg buttons_patches002.jpg buttons_patches006.jpg buttons_patches005.jpg

komokwa and KingofThings like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

From the looks of it, your guy was with the Occupation forces in the late 40s to early 50s, and maybe Korea afterward. The military junkies will probably know what they're actually talking about. (which lets me out)

KingofThings and leeddie like this.
  3. leeddie

All you said is true from the little I have researched. Appreciate the comment. Thank you.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Wow!
    Any Navy in there?

5. leeddie

Still going through. Will let you know ..

Eddie

KingofThings likes this.
  6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Thanks! :)
    Or anything to do with the Statue of Liberty please. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted