Featured Milk Glass Pendant Light

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by chrisp, Mar 25, 2024.

1. chrisp

chrisp Member

So a few nights ago I was out on a walk and found this old milk glass pendant light laying on the ground. I brought it home and cleaned it all up and everything. There are absolutely zero markings on it anywhere, so I thought I would see if anyone here might know anything about it light1.jpg light1.jpg light2.jpg light3.jpg light4.jpg light5.jpg light6.jpg light7.jpg light8.jpg light9.jpg

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

It has an acorn design motif showcased by the oak leaves on the fitter and the shape of the glass shade. It's been rewired at some point, and the chain has been replaced. The porcelain socket may or may not be original to the piece.

Did you see if a magnet sticks to the canopy and fitter?

Wait for others on a time period.

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think this is teens-20s and should be solid brass. Chain looks to be a newer replacement. Shade is comercial or for a kitchen. May or may not have gone with this fitter originally. Fitter seems a bit ornate for this. Great find for free!

chrisp likes this.
  4. chrisp

chrisp Member

Thank you for your reply. I never would have thought acorn until I just read this, I totally see it now though. The chain I put on temporarily to keep the pieces together, the one on it was very rusty, I tried to clean it up but no such luck. Yes I put a magnet to it and it doesn't stick.

sabre123 and komokwa like this.
  5. chrisp

chrisp Member

Thank you for your reply. Just about every time I go out for a walk I find several things like this, I usually only bring back the most unique things though, apartments here are pretty small. Still though I have a few totes full of stuff like this I've found, I will have to get them out and share some more.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted