Featured Mini Yellow Chinese(?) Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lauragarnet, May 4, 2015.

1. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Posting in hope that someone can read this. I'm assuming the text is Chinese.
    If it's Japanese, someone please stop me from scrolling through pages of Chinese marks before my eyes bleed, LOL!
    012-CHINESE-PORCELAIN-YELLOW-PINK-MINI-VASE-ORIG.jpg 004-CHINESE-PORCELAIN-YELLOW-PINK-MINI-VASE-ORIG.jpg 006-CHINESE-PORCELAIN-YELLOW-PINK-MINI-VASE-ORIG.jpg 3 and 1/4" tall. (pics are bigger than actual size.)
    007-CHINESE-PORCELAIN-YELLOW-PINK-MINI-VASE-ORIG.jpg
    Painted with red, pink, powder blue and 'grey with a hint of green' enamels on a yellow enamel body.
    It has a thin band of gold paint around the outside edge of the rim. The inside and bottom are white.
    010-CHINESE-PORCELAIN-YELLOW-PINK-MINI-VASE-ORIG.jpg

2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I like the yellow on this vase! I don't know if Chinese or Japanese but I would think Chinese.

lauragarnet likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi lauragarnet - I agree with cxgirl - most likely Chinese. The gold trim is interesting - I can't recall running across another Chinese vase with gold trim.
    Don

lauragarnet likes this.
  4. 'Nuff_Said

'Nuff_Said Well-Known Member

Famille Jaune glaze is what it looks like to me, late Republic (1912 - 1949) Period (1940s) with a Qianlong mark on base.

5. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

I would just add that it is probably from the mid/late Late Republic period because of the bold black contours.
    Gold rims are common for Chinese pieces. The gilt very easily washes out and it is almost completely gone on the older pieces.

lauragarnet likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted