Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Minton "Woodseat" plate ID'd, but a color I can't find anywhere!
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Marie W, post: 9742052, member: 85252"]I bought this gorgeous plate at my local Goodwill, thinking it was a contemporary piece. The colors and the pattern are totally my style, and for $1.99, it was a no brainer to buy. When I got home, I realized it was stamped on the back, and after googling, I see that this is called the Woodseat pattern. Now, based on the stamps on the back, it's from 1878. However, when I look for this particular color (it's a very pale greenish turquoise/celadon), I cannot find anything. I see many pieces with a white and red color scheme, but nothing with this color. </p><p>Unfortunately my camera did not accurately capture the color, but I did take a picture of it next to a white plate to show the difference.</p><p>Does anyone have Minton resources that might be helpful? I did find a link to the stamp guide. I'm just so curious about this plate and the color, I would love to know more.[ATTACH=full]476728[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]476729[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]476730[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]476731[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Marie W, post: 9742052, member: 85252"]I bought this gorgeous plate at my local Goodwill, thinking it was a contemporary piece. The colors and the pattern are totally my style, and for $1.99, it was a no brainer to buy. When I got home, I realized it was stamped on the back, and after googling, I see that this is called the Woodseat pattern. Now, based on the stamps on the back, it's from 1878. However, when I look for this particular color (it's a very pale greenish turquoise/celadon), I cannot find anything. I see many pieces with a white and red color scheme, but nothing with this color. Unfortunately my camera did not accurately capture the color, but I did take a picture of it next to a white plate to show the difference. Does anyone have Minton resources that might be helpful? I did find a link to the stamp guide. I'm just so curious about this plate and the color, I would love to know more.[ATTACH=full]476728[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]476729[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]476730[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]476731[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Minton "Woodseat" plate ID'd, but a color I can't find anywhere!
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...