Miro HC etching aquatint

Discussion in 'Art' started by Ramyick, Jul 30, 2016.

1. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

Mark, I had exactly your first reaction to the signature. Seemed to be not quite right. Especially that line heading northwest at the end. Then checked the net and found several similar. No way am I saying that nails it, but the possibilities are definite.

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

None because if you look at the variations of the ones in that link there are none that match up to his. Find one that has huge line heading northwest. Also none of those "r's" sloop that low like the signature on this thread. I looked but none had that. Also I just don't tolerate smartallic remarks being tossed towards me right after I posted my first comment on this thread. I will say it again I will stick to what I have said on this thread.

3. TheOLdGuy

Rink, no hard feelings on my end. No problem. Please check my note to Mark about that offset line that I just happened to find on one of the several Miro sig. links. Hundreds of differing marks.

And "Also I just don't tolerate smartallic remarks being tossed towards me right after I posted my first comment on this thread."

It was your second post.
    It might be because you came on like gangbusters with a very strong decision. Not leaving room for other comments.

OK, I quit acting like a pompous headmaster.
    Again just me and my need to try. \
    BTW, It's smartALECK.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I believe that anyone trying to fake a Miro print would not be using the HC run.

5. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

I like to think that I pointed it out more diplomatically, and who knows, it could be 100% kosher.

6. komokwa

I'm of the mind that it's legit !

7. TheOLdGuy

This post will not be fully displayed until you register or login!

ANY SPECIAL REASON WHY I HAVE TO LOG IN ALMOST EVERY TIME I POST? THOUGHT I HAD SENT A MESSAGE TO PETER ASKING. MAYBE MESSED THAT ONE UP.

I agree with Mark & Komo's attititude. My only thought is how come I never ------- don't recall -- having seen HC before and would like to know how it might affect the appeal.

While I'm here - what's this new pop-up I'm getting???? Black background, white print. Legit?? Affiliated with Antiquers.com??? Antiquers Daily

Antiques articles and information Pictures of antiques (lots of them!) Discussions and debates Enter your email address: We guarantee 100% privacy. Your information will not be shared. ( (Cited from: https://www.antiquers.com/threads/miro-hc-etching-aquatint.11481/page-5)

8. komokwa

r u posting from a different IP address..?

9. TheOLdGuy

My avatar is now showing, after logging in.

copied and pasted.

No. Google Chrome as from day one. 99% of the time I'm just clicking on an e-mail from antiquers, which brings me to the site mentioned in the e-mail.

As another test - my avatar is not showing which means I'm not logged in. I'll click "post reply" and copy what pops up.

The message is whole, but this is on top

This post will not be fully displayed until you register or login! (Cited from:https://www.antiquers.com/threads/miro-hc-etching-aquatint.11481/page-5)

So I’ll log in and post this copy and pasted.

Draft saved Draft deleted