Featured Model ship/boat, any value?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by J Dagger, Oct 11, 2019.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Got this in a $10 lot of a couple items. Any value here? Listing it now and don’t know what price to put on it. Figured I would start around $50 and see what happens. Seems to be fairly well done. Pickup in East Boston. Will ship or deliver for a fee.
    1D829BFF-B9A5-4105-9FFE-42202346CF2D.jpeg 4538E712-B615-4225-9D44-5B00A53AA076.jpeg B7AF6B24-430B-44CE-AD2A-7FABDC32C149.jpeg 470ED2C3-74AE-4DD5-AECB-65A4F2B2DB38.jpeg 4D89B074-6333-4A01-B48A-42144C90B723.jpeg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2019-10-11_16-30-13.jpeg

looks like an old mass. whaling boat model....
    is it 8 inches...or 20 inches....
    still it's nice...lots of equipment......50 should be an easy sell in that market..

Figtree3, Any Jewelry, Rayo56 and 3 others like this.
  3. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Figtree3, Rayo56, Jivvy and 3 others like this.
  4. J Dagger

Ugh I replied in length without logging in and it said it wouldn't display in full until I signed in. Now I'm signed in and can't see it. This has happened a couple times to me. Can you see it on your end or do these posts just get deleted?

5. J Dagger

I'll update y'all. Thanks for the link! Mine is definitely not 8'. I'll measure when I get a chance. 20" sounds pretty close if I recall correctly.

6. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Looks to be somebodies shop project - not a kit. I can't see kits using pine with knots and thin plywood. The base and even the pine body has a knot in it and the top decking is very thin plywood. But it is a nice job well worth a 50$ bill.......

7. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I agree, homemade job with much love and heart.

8. J Dagger

Thanks. They certainly impressed me if it’s all done from “scratch”. I guess probably from the days when many men had home wood working shops and some free time that wasn’t always spent staring at a screen of some sort.

9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Any posts made when you're not logged in don't show up here. I assume they disappear when the poster leaves the thread. Only logged-in accounts can post here.

I love the boat!

J Dagger and komokwa like this.
  10. J Dagger

Thanks! Glad you like it. I couldn’t see leaving it for that price.

The way it’s worded when you hit “post reply” makes it seem like it will show up once you’ve logged in. Oh well, I’ll have to be more cognizant.

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. J Dagger

I thought I would update this post finally. I ended up selling this boat for around $60 or so. Older gentlemen that liked old boats. I had another one from the same auction lot hanging around. It was a nicely done skiff model. I ended up selling him that once he arrived for $75 in addition to the one I posted about. Good sale overall and we were both happy.

12. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Congratulations, two great sales!

J Dagger and bobsyouruncle like this.
  13. J Dagger

Thanks! It was a good one! One of those nice guys you feel bad even taking their money. I ended up listing it for higher than I was going to. I think I had it at $75 in my ad and ended up knocking $15 off for him once I met him just because I liked him. The other one I was going to put up at around $100 and discounted that a bit for him. Took his personal check so he didn’t have to go back home and get more cash once he saw the other one. Thanks for the assistance folks.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted