Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
MODERN ART
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="antidiem, post: 4525921, member: 30"]It appears to have been painted on light yellow unpainted background - is this newsprint paper? </p><p><br /></p><p>It doesn't really hang as though it is thin newsprint type of paper but appears to have some paper creasing on the left and the right sides of the picture, so I think it's paper rather than canvas. Without any close ups and behind glass, it's difficult to see. I think it's a student work that he/she wasn't happy with done on paper with tempera paints or other water based paints. What does the back look like? Plain white foam core board backing or cardboard or what? </p><p><br /></p><p>I'm sorry this isn't better news it's a nice frame, [USER=10452]@steve richards[/USER] , where'd you find this? </p><p><br /></p><p>I believe it was originally a larger painted area and that it was cut down to fit into this frame by the student. Again, we'd have to see the frame details too, but I'd not date it earlier than 1990.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="antidiem, post: 4525921, member: 30"]It appears to have been painted on light yellow unpainted background - is this newsprint paper? It doesn't really hang as though it is thin newsprint type of paper but appears to have some paper creasing on the left and the right sides of the picture, so I think it's paper rather than canvas. Without any close ups and behind glass, it's difficult to see. I think it's a student work that he/she wasn't happy with done on paper with tempera paints or other water based paints. What does the back look like? Plain white foam core board backing or cardboard or what? I'm sorry this isn't better news it's a nice frame, [USER=10452]@steve richards[/USER] , where'd you find this? I believe it was originally a larger painted area and that it was cut down to fit into this frame by the student. Again, we'd have to see the frame details too, but I'd not date it earlier than 1990.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
MODERN ART
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...