Modern Earrings ID Maker

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, Sep 20, 2019.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Long shot and far from antique but does anyone recognise the designer of these please?. Thought the style could just be recognisable to someone?
    Full hallmark for Sheffield/925/ Lion Passant/ a for 2000 on the posts and no other marks. Been googling but struggling to find modern silversmiths that seem likely suspects.
    Makers mark is tricky to see but it’s a triangle and I think H?W inside.
    Any ideas welcome :)
    Thankyou
    CDCB7A8F-CA09-4B64-B6D9-1B13D0508AF8.jpeg

Any Jewelry and Xristina like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot to stamp onto earring posts. Why not on the reverse of the triangles?

KSW likes this.
  3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

That’s why I thought they may be something more special than normal if someone went to the effort of full hallmarks. 72D3A42F-BBA1-4FB7-AE99-4D6BF2856F1F.jpeg

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

You may never find it, although you could always ask the assay office. I've a silversmith friend who goes to the trouble of getting full hallmarks for her stuff.

KSW likes this.
  5. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Random fact of the day- Whilst googling London Assay cost of hallmarking I noticed that you can get second hand items hallmarked. Not that it changes my life in any way but I assumed it was only new items.
    F4964119-FD92-4C13-B506-9CE1B8770DF2.jpeg

Bronwen likes this.
  6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It was worth a try!

Ownedbybear and Bronwen like this.
  7. i need help

i need help Well-Known Member

I think they might be seagulls if it helps to search a different way. Are they for pierced ears?

KSW and Bronwen like this.
  8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Yes. Just standard posts.
    Thanks for trying to help :)

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted