Featured Modernist? Mexico Taxco Turquoise bracelet, help with marks?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by spartcom5, Nov 20, 2022.

1. spartcom5

spartcom5 Well-Known Member

Hi all found an interesting bracelet with turquoise pieces enameled. I haven't delved into Mexican silver too much but it is growing on me especially modernist pieces from Antonio Pineda. My piece is marked FUC and an eagle with a 2. Is my piece modernist from the 60s? Any help would be greatly appreciate!!
    Screenshot_20221120_172947_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20221120_172956_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20221120_173159_Gallery.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

60s would be right in the middle of the date range for the eagle mark - 1948 to late 70s. Unfortunately I did not find an entry for that FUC mark.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'd say a 70's item , sold on the beach to tourists...

I had friends go down to Cancun in the 70's....and the amount of Mexican silver being sold right there on the beach was obscene ....

They came back with matching silver bar pendants and of course those calendar pendants...

The Turq chips...not a high point in Mexican silver art !:sorry:

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto.
    I checked, the mark isn't in my Hougart.
    While there is something special about Mexican silver, I tend to stay away from stone chip jewellery. I still have some with pre-Columbian designs that I bought in my early teens, and never got around to selling.
    Also, it looks like someone lacquered the chips. Maybe to keep them from falling out?

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  5. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Respectfully, agree with all above. Tourist piece of minimal value-if you like it, enjoy. If not, scrap it.

Figtree3, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Here's another jewelry piece marked FUC.

Debora

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 4.57.45 PM.png

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted