Featured Modest Round End Table - Antique?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by KikoBlueEyes, Aug 17, 2019.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Until I find something better, I bought this small round end table to use to fill in next to my new loveseat. The person who refinished it did an awful job; there is a thick coat of polyurethane globbed on it, but it has the virtue of a thick piece of glass on top making the surface less of an issue. I think it is a mid-century reproduction, but the resale shop swears it is an antique. Since my furniture knowledge is very limited, I thought I would ask you all what you think. Any information would be appreciated.

IMG_3784.jpg IMG_3785.jpg IMG_3788.jpg IMG_3789.jpg IMG_3790.jpg IMG_3795.jpg IMG_3796.jpg IMG_3798.jpg IMG_3799.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

You're right and the resale shop is wrong.;)

3. KikoBlueEyes

Thanks. I only paid a small amount for it and it's just there for guests to put their glasses and cups on until I can find something that looks better.

judy, Sandra, James Conrad and 2 others like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

bottom of the drawer is some type of fiber board.... no antique there....but a nice drum table...

judy, James Conrad and i need help like this.
  5. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

Oftentimes the stamped numbers are arbitrary to us (e.g. internal model numbers) but it’s possible too that this was made in July 1948. We have a similar-looking drum table (but with a leather top) that belonged to my grandparents in law from that period. Ours was from a mass manufacturer and isn’t particularly expensive, but I also like to use it for guests so they aren’t placing their drinks on our 200 year old English cricket table.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

Sedona
    Thank you. I didn't think of that! But it makes sense. Oh can you post of picture of your cricket table. I've never seen one. Kiko

Draft saved Draft deleted