Featured Mom's Cheval Mirror-- more info needed!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by MiKe G, Aug 1, 2017.

1. MiKe G

MiKe G New Member

Hello everyone, I am a newcomer to antiquing in general but my mother has been a collector in her later years before she passed away. I have her large and heavy Cheval Style full length mirror that I would like to fix the attachment points with Hardware that isn't broken. I have not yet seen a similar mirror and stand, nor the attachment swivel or gimbal or whatever it is. Can anyone identify the maker or time period, or type of hardware of this Mirror & Frame?
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Ghopper1924, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Mike! Welcome!

I can't help with the hardware replacement, but others will be able to offer advice.

I love the cheval! It has an Empire look to me, but there again, others in the know will tell you more.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

It does have a late classical/pillar and scroll (often misnamed empire) look to it. I can't tell if it is a revival piece or mid 19th century. Have seen this hardware before and don't think it specific to one particular maker. Obviously, the phillips screws are not original. What is broken about the hardware?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Nice. Looks like a revival piece, but not a common one.

Draft saved Draft deleted