Monogrammed Napkin Rings - Why are They Numbered?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by dgbjwc, Jul 2, 2018.

1. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

An old friend of mine had a Panamanian father whose name was Jorge Cinco, the fifth of several brothers named Jorge, Uno, Dos, Tres, etc., and all called by their numeric designation - he planned on continuing the tradition, but her Spanish mother put a stop to that, naming the first son Jorge with no number, and the second son Carlos...

~Cheryl

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of one of the Dukes of Devonshire.

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

You may have heard that boxer George Foreman has five sons, all named George Edward Foreman. So they go by these designations: George Jr., George III, George IV, George V, and George VI. According to an FAQ page on his website, "I named all my sons George Edward Foreman so they would always have something in common. I say to them, 'If one of us goes up, then we all go up together. And if one goes down, we all go down together!'"

4. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

I did know that, Fig - apparently, his wife didn't have the veto power of Maria's mom (or she just thought it was okay) - Foreman is such a character. Know that there were at least seven brothers, because she spoke often about 'Uncle Septimo'...

~Cheryl

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    My grandfather at age 95 found out his real name was John Frederick instead of just Frederick. His older brother was John Fitzhugh. What mess it caused with Social Security and my uncle who was always Frederick Jr. I thought those things stopped years ago but my BIL who is Peter James called his son Peter James but not a Jr. Their mail and stuff is always getting confused.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    greg

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

My daughter, as an adult, told me she hated going to the beach because she was so freaked out that one of those balloons was going to come up out of the water and get her.

DragonflyWink likes this.