More info greatly appreciated!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Harvey Small, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Harvey Small

Harvey Small New Member

I have a heirloom that i have little information on. I have listed it on ebay, but i'm unsure of its true worth.

It's a double albert 18ct gold chain. Birmingham hallmark. JM makers mark, circa 1920's.

Any advice welcome! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2024
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

@Harvey Small I've deleted your link. Please ad photos only, for questions.

Any Jewelry, kyratango and komokwa like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Hello, Harvey, and welcome! Here are some first thoughts. They are meant to be helpful, not critical.

1. Don't list an item on eBay until you're sure of what you're offering and can describe it clearly and accurately.

2. Don't forget that eBay is an international sales site. The wider audience may not know what a "double Albert" is. (Shouldn't the words "watch chain" also be in your title?)

3. Do post in-focus close-up photographs of all marks so potential buyers are see them for themselves.

4. Don't assume that potential buyers will be comfortable buying a four-figure item from a new seller with no feedback.

5. Do, when offering "free postage" on a four-figure item, specify a secure shipping method so potential buyers are confident they will receive what they paid for.

Debora

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

& be careful where & how you consider shipping to............not all countries....or all members....have your best interest at heart !!!

Any Jewelry and Marote like this.
  5. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Debora's got some great suggestions.
    Lots of our members here sell on Ebay fairly regularly.You might want to post a query on the 'General Discussion' section of this forum asking for safe selling tips on Ebay.
    Or if that's not appropriate here,Google the subject & find other trustworthy groups composed of dedicated Ebay Sellers.

Any Jewelry and Dessert58 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted